Wednesday, November 21, 2012

38 weeks

38 weeks!  I never thought I'd see the day!  This pregnancy has been nothing like the first one, but as long as I get another healthy baby out of it, it was worth it!  This is a crazy week for us.  Of course we have Thanksgiving Thursday and then Sunday is Farrah's birthday party.  Her birthday isn't until Dec 3rd but I didn't think it was a good idea to wait because I might either be in labor, or have a newborn, and either way, I didn't want to deal with it.  So let's just keep our fingers crossed that this little guy can hold out until after Sunday so Farrah's party doesn't get disrupted.  She's so excited.  When trying to come up with an easy theme, I finally decided on purple.  She LOVES purple.  Like I've never seen a kid love a color so much for so long.  So far, this isn't a phase... knock on wood.  She's loved it since she was learning her colors back around 15 months.  Everything has to be purple.  So needless to say, she's excited about her purple party.  I however, hope I can deliver a halfway decent party.  I didn't think about the fact that shopping around Thanksgiving is a nightmare.  Grocery stores are crazy and everything else is going to be crazy after tomorrow too.  I'll brave the craft store today to see what I can find. 
Here's an update on the pregnancy:
38 weeks:
  • How big is baby?
    Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!
    Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. His head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.
  • Total weight gain: about 30 lbs.  I lost a lb this week which I'm pretty stoked about because all throughout the pregnancy I wasn't gaining much and then these past 6 weeks I've been packing on the weight.  I was hoping to stay at about 30 lbs so I'm still holding out hope!
  • Maternity clothes? When I leave the house yes, otherwise it's my husbands big shirts and sweatpants.
  • Stretch marks? Still have the ones on my stomach and hips from last time, but it doesn't seem like there's any new ones thank God.  I think I already have my fair share. 
  • Sleep: Turning over in the middle of the night quite a bit which is a chore itself.  Trying to flip this big belly over is no easy feat!  Plus I get up at least twice to pee.
  • Best moment this week:  Having my husband home yesterday as well as Thursday, Saturday and Sunday coming up.  I can't remember the last time he had a Saturday off.  I'm clinging to every moment.
  • Miss Anything? I'd like to have a glass of wine (or 2) tomorrow with my Thanksgiving feast so I'll say that's what I miss :) 
  • Movement:He's run out of room so it's significantly less than his acrobatics from before but still feel him moving pretty often.  Always on my right side because apparently he's sideways and that's where his limbs are. 
  • Food cravings: No real cravings... just general overeating :)
  • Food aversions: Nothing really.  It all sounds good. 
  • Gender: Still boy!
  • Labor Signs: some contractions here and there but nothing significant.
  • Symptoms: Back aches and I've got a major waddle going on.
  • Belly Button in or out?  It's not really in or out, it's totally flat. 
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off.  Darn!  Was hoping I could keep them on the whole time.
  • Looking forward to:  Family time this week before the craziness of 2 kids begins. 
So that's it for now!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I'll be back with updates from the holiday and the birthday party.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, not much longer to go! Hey, Farrah's birthday is one day before my little one's. Go December babies! :) Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That's so funny because I'm due on the 4th with this one! Love December babies! Just means us parents have a lot more spending to do around this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete